This Banana oatmeal apple traybake is sweet and healthy. The perfect healthy alternative. Great as a dessert, snack or post workout snack.
It is has oats and wholewheat flour has its main ingredients so it has a high fibre content.
Banana Oatmeal Apple Traybake Recipe
- 80g Oats
- 112g Wholewheat Flour
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 100g Chopped apples
- 50g Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Desiccated coconut
- 21⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 Lemon
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 80 g Vegetable oil
- Add the chopped apples, brown sugar the squeezed lemon to a pan and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Leave it to cool.
- Add bananas (mashed), Eggs (beaten) and Vegetable oil to the cooled apple mixture. Mix and set aside
- In a bowl, add Wholewheat Flour, Oats, Desiccated coconut, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Salt and Baking powder. Combine and set aside
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preferably a 12inch by 6inch baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade or gas mark 4(160 if using electric ovens)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle some desiccated coconut and some brown sugar on top.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Let it cool completely.
Makes about 12 -14 slices
Fat 9.0 g
-Saturated Fat 1.5 g
-Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4 g
-Monounsaturated Fat 4.4 g
Carbohydrate 22.1 g
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
Cool the traybake thoroughly before cutting and removing from the baking tray.
You may store in airtight container for up to 3 days or refrigerate
Mix dry and were ingredients separately before incorporating.
Great addition to school or work lunch box.
Great post workout snacks as it packs 22g carbs per slice
Share this recipe