A paper weave wall art is a great way to decorate you wall. If you don’t have a special picture to go in your picture frame, you can weave strips of coloured paper, put in a frame and create a beautiful DIY wall art
- Paper trimmer
- Coloured card stock paper
- Picture frame
DIY Paper Weave Wall Art
- Using the paper trimmer, cut 1cm strips of the card stock paper. Cut strips of at least 2 different colors
- Vertically arrange the paper strips in a continuous order until it is relatively the size of an A4 paper. Give each colour a numerical position. eg in this project, yellow (1), green (2), blue (3), pink (4)
- Take a yellow strip or the strip colour no 1. Start in the middle by laying it horizontally against the vertical strips. Insert over and under the strips.
- Do the same for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th colour (green, blue, pink). Then start again with the 1st colour (yellow) until the paper weave is complete.
- Take the insert of the picture frame and lay it on the complete paper weave to gauge how much trim is required.
- Glue together all the strips on the edge of the weave and let it dry.
- Place in the frame and let it take pride of place on your wall.
Looking for an even more technically challenging wall art? Check out Ohoh deco
If you have any extra strips left or looking for another project to use woven paper strips on, check the weave method of wrapping gifts with brown paper