You can enliven your living space with paper sunflowers. They are easy to make and great crafting exercise you can do with kids.
This method requires cut a lot of paper off a printed template so may require the presence of a grown up
The materials or equipment that are needed to make paper sunflowers include
- Yellow paper
- Brown paper
- Dowelling rod or wooden skewers
- Green acrylic paint
- Coloring brush
How to make paper sunflowers.
- Cut out of the brown paper, circles that are 7.5cm in diameter. If you don’t have brown paper, you may print out brown coloured circles on a white paper and cut them out.
- Print the templates for the yellow sunflower petal and green leaves. Cut out the leaves using a pair of scissors.
- Colour the dowelling rods or wooden skewers with the green acrylic paint and let them dry
- Glue the green leaves quite sparsely on the dowelling rod
- Take a brown paper circle and start glueing the end of the petals to the back. Ensure the petals overlap each other slightly.
- When the petals have completely covered the brown circle paper, take the leaf adorned dowelling rod and hot glue the sunflower head at the back.
- Keep the crafting theme going by pairing with a paper mache vase
- Cut little bits of crepe paper and glue them on the brown card for an even authentic look
Share or pin this project
More paper craft projects